Thursday, December 13, 2007

These dogs are driving me crazy.......

Still no power at our house. Still living at the Lawrence's house. Still living out of bags. Still trying to keep Paisley & Cooper from killing each other. So this morning Miranda and Gavan left for work and Jeffrey left to go study again and I stayed home with Jaylen and the dogs. Jaylen is great but the dogs are seriously about to drive me crazy. They can't stop picking at each other. I've had to break up several fights already this morning between them.

For example: If one goes into the other room, the other dog has to follow & investigate what is going on. Fight breaks out. If one goes to get a drink from the water bowl, the other has to follow and do the same. Fight breaks out.

I was trying to break them up this morning and Cooper actually bit me on the wrist! He snips at Paisley so then Paisley thinks he's playing and tries to play like a big dog. Well, my hand got in the way of Cooper trying to bite Paisley and he got me pretty good. I had a nice row of teeth marks on my wrist. The skin didn't break but now it has swelled up and is a little sore. Oh my. Here they go again barking and fighting. I'm begging you O G & E to work on Barclay Rd in the Village! I love Jeffrey & Miranda but I'm ready to be back home to get my dog in her own yard and my baby in her own crib! Ice, ice go away & don't come another day. I'm really just hoping to get back to our house before we get dumped on with snow!

My parent's are coming down today to pick up Myra from school and to see Jaylen, of course! My dad hasn't seen her for a couple of weeks now so I know he's missing her. Oh yeah, these dogs are driving me so nuts that I was 30 minutes late feeding Jaylen cause I was trying to keep them from fighting. Jaylen kept fussing and I kept wondering why. Seriously.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ok, I officially HATE OG&E. I hate them enough for the both of us. We went by the walk in station today and they made us feel WORSE about our situation. Why the pregnant people/people with newborns are the ones still without power is beyond me.

AM said...

We still don't have power either Melody! We knew that the village would do this to us...but we never thought it would go on this long! Thankfully there are no dog fights where we are staying! :) I hope its back soon for both of us.
Annaleise