Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One year old......

Well, today is Jaylen's actual birthday and at this time last year I was packing my bag to go to the hospital. I was finally off bedrest & had been to a doctor's appointment at 1:30, where I was able to disconnect my terb pump & found out that I was dilated to a 5......but not in labor quite yet. Then went to Target to grab the last few things I needed.....yes, I was crazy to do that. Went home to finish packing my bag when the contractions started picking up speed and about 5:30 we went to the hospital and had Jaylen at 8:48 that night. It was quite an adventurous first week but now here we are a year later with a beautiful, healthy little girl! She is truly the joy of our lives & I can't even imagine life without her. Happy Birthday sweet baby Jay! Me 3 days before she was born...

Just hours old.....
Now here is our baby at her first birthday party! Still hard to believe a year has flown by!

The birthday girl....

A few of her gifts....


The cake....



It was a great day spent with our family & friends. A big thanks to Miranda for being my photographer for the day!

8 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

Those were so sweet! I especially love the one of her in the hat and gloves!! So precious! They grow too fast!!

Claire said...

Happy Birthday, Jaylen! Looks like a fun party!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I'm glad you let her get messy! Precious!

Guy and Nancy said...

So hard to believe! Aspen and Jay's b-days are so close to each other. Aspen's will be on Thanksgiving this year! I can't believe we are having #2! It goes way to fast for me and in 5 weeks I will have another one!!!! Nan

Dixie said...

All day long I tried to get E to say "happy birthday" so we could call J that night when Doug got home. And then I FORGOT!! Terrible "Aunt" Dixie!! Well, I love you Little Jaylen! And I hope you had a wonderful 1st B-Day!
Dixie

The Warriors said...

Just found your blog from Michelle's! Jaylen is beautiful. I saw her pic on Miranda's blog and I immediately knew who's baby she was! She looks just like you! Glad to see you guys doing so well! jeni

Tonya Tuggle said...

That first pic caught me off guard! Very cute cake pics! Her chair is darling too! Looks like she was having a ball.

Katie's Cakes said...

I love it! She is so messy and cute! Thanks for letting me make her cake- it was a blast and it looks like she had a blast digging into it :) Happy Birthday Jaylen!