Friday, March 6, 2009

Long awaited video.......need a laugh?

I think this is the longest I've gone between posts in quite a while. The last couple of weeks have been interesting but I'm back now & ready to blog! Since I'm in a bit of a blogging funk, I thought I'd share this video with you all. Many of you asked for it back around Thanksgiving but I'm just now getting it uploaded......sad, I know. It was a lot of fun to do & I know it will bring lots of laughter to many people.

Just to preface this video.....my mom's side of our family gets together every other Thanksgiving & celebrate with a themed party. This year it was in Minnesota & it was a 50's theme. My mom made us all poodle skirts & everything. We always have a talent show, which is fun. Normally, I don't participate but I had this idea to do the Evolution of Dance. Katie & I roped our husbands into doing it with us. We had all of 2 practices in our living room with the girls crawling all around us. It was quite a site & more work than you think. We had about 40 people at the party so that is where all the yelling & laughing is coming from on the video. My family is a little crazy.

Mom, Me, Myra, Katie

Macy & Jaylen

Seriously, the MC Hammer part of the dance when Michael & Gavan do their thing makes me laugh so hard. And excuse my booty shaking....I was SO embarrassed but nobody else would do it. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKC4nM89Yds

7 comments:

DeeDee said...

that video is SO FUNNY!!! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

This definitely gets me ready to see Spring Sing tonight!! Very funny! lol

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Love it! Great job...love the booty shakin!

Miranda said...

aaaaahahaha!! I could watch it over and over... I never get tired of it!

Mariah said...

Now that's what I need to be learning! When do lessons start?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That is pretty cute! Fun family times! Do it while you can, because Jalen will probably not let you embarrass her like that in 10 years!!!!!!!!!!

Guy and Nancy said...

UMMM yeah I think I had flashbacks of dancing to some rap back in the day at your house! Good times!! Nan