Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Scariest moment of our lives.....

Saturday at 9:30, Gavan, I & the kids were all loaded up & heading to Christmas with his family in Lookeba. As we were approaching the entrance/exit to the neighborhood, we started to slide into 33rd St. on the ice. We were unable to get out of the way & there was an expedition coming down the hill going about 35-40 mph. Once they realized we weren't going to get out of the way, they locked up their brakes & began to slide as well. We were perpendicular to the road so they slammed into the left side of our Tahoe (t-boned us).......i felt like we were a sitting duck since we were hardly moving & couldn't get out of the way. We spun around 1 1/4 times & came to stop on the other side of the street going to opposite way. Somehow we came out of it with only cuts, bruises, & soreness. I just shiver when I look at this picture below because my brand new little boy was only 9 days old & was sitting on the other side of the door that took most of the hit. I know that God had his hands around us that day & especially around Rosson.


It was totalled.....



This is the metal clip holding the seat belt tight keeping Jaylen's car seat in place......it used to be flat. This shows you how important it is to install your car seats properly.
I know my body is hating me right now because within a period of 9 days, not only did I have a baby but I also was in this car accident. Thankfully I'm feeling better & better each day, getting rid of the soreness & adjusting to having 2 kids. I'm still scared to drive myself anywhere though......just not quite ready for that.
Thank you God for keeping my family safe.

17 comments:

Aubrie said...

So happy you are all alright!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

So glad you guys were safe!! Praying you feel better soon.

Natalie Hudkins said...

That picture of the metal clip is shocking.
That is a lot in nine days.

Chellie said...

Glad you guys are ok.. Nate said Gavan got a black eye.. so glad Rossen wasn't hurt!

Emily said...

MEL!! I am so so glad everyone is ok! A good friend of mine was in a terrible car accident last year with her 3 year old and new baby. The officers at the scene said that they never pull a dead child out of a properly installed car seat. GOD IS GOOD.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness! I am SO glad you guys are okay. I hope you feel better soon - I can't even imagine how tired you must be. Do you need help with anything?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

How scary! Glad you all are okay and it's wonderful that you are counting your blessings!

Lauren Snodgrass said...

That is so scary!! I'm happy that you ALL are okay! It's amazing how things can be just fine one minute, and so frightening the next! I know that God was watching out for you all. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Whoa! So sorry about this but SO glad you are all okay! How scary!! I'm so glad it wasn't any worse and hopefully you will recover quickly!

Andrea said...

I am so glad you all are safe and no one was seriously hurt. God is good all the time!!!!

Krystle OBryan said...

OH my goodness!! I'm so glad everyone is ok. That had to be so scary!!!

April said...

I am so glad you guys are safe and healthy! That looked so scary. God was definitely watching out for his children. God is so cool isn't he?

I have been meaning to tell you that your aunt works with my mil. She saw our pictures on my mil's computer at UPS and recognized us from our blog. How funny is that? Small world it is.

suzspeaks said...

I can't believe this!!! I'm so thankful you're all ok!!!

Natalie Hudkins said...

I had to show Keith the pictures of the car and it is making us check our car seats. Then I realized that I didn't say that I was so glad you all are okay. I am!!!

Jessica said...

so glad you guys are all safe...what a blessing!

Stacey Cannon said...

I'm so glad you all are okay!!! How SCARY! After having just gone thru the wreck/totaled vehicle mess with the kids in the car, I know how scary it is. The Lord had His hand on you!!! Rest and heal!!!

Kara Scharrer said...

Melody, that's so so so so scary. I cried all the way through your post because (1) I'm sad that that had to happen to you guys, and (2) I am just so in awe of God - HE IS AMAZING!

Rest up! You have been through A LOT.