Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The angels are rejoicing today....

My sweet Grandma Betty lost her battle with cancer this afternoon. She beat breast cancer & stayed cancer free for 10 years but then it came back & she wasn't able to beat it this time. She was living in her home, with a little assistance, up until a week ago so this seems very sudden to me. I could not have asked for anything more from a grandma. She was very nice to everyone all of the time. I remember when Gavan & I got married he said that he had never know anyone as nice as her. She was a widow for about 40 years & I never knew her to be sad about it. Of course she missed my Grandpa but she made the best of what she was dealt & truly enjoyed her life to the fullest. She had 4 children, 10 grandchildren & 3 great-grandchildren with one more on the way & she absolutely loved each of us with her entire heart....there was no doubt. I will miss her a ton but I know I'll see her again one day!


My Grandma with Rosson last Memorial Day....his name was her mother's maiden name.
And Jaylen with her on Memorial Day last year too.

Grandma, I will miss you dearly but love you forever.




4 comments:

Tiffany said...

So sorry for the loss of your grandma. I am thinking and praying for you and your family.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So sorry for you all but it does sound like it was fairly quick and peaceful for her! "You do not grieve like those who have no hope..." I Thess. 4:13-14

Summer said...

Oh Mel, I am so sorry for your loss. Love you dearly. Rosson has an amazing name with an amazing legacy.

Michael and Katie said...

Thanks for posting, Mel! I teared up reading it. She truly was an amazing woman and I feel SO blessed to have known her and to be a part of your family.