Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lately.....

We are in the 3rd week of Gavan being gone & have been trying to stay entertained while having to stay mostly inside due to this insane heat. Sometimes you have to really get creative too. Just a recap of lately....

Playing with cousins.....
Swinging while sweating.....


Visiting Daddy & hitting the hotel pool....


Ready for the pool....


Got this from Pinterest.....put a bunch of toys in water, then freeze & let them dig them out of the ice! They loved it & wanted to do it again but had to wait for the ice to freeze.....


We curled Jaylen's stick straight hair....


A little unsure of the curls cause she's never had them....and they didn't stay long.


We made colored pancakes....pink, purple, green & blue! My little helpers!


The green ones were already eaten!


We keep praying for a break in the heat.....we'll even take mid-nineties at this point!


4 comments:

Summer said...

Glad you're surviving. We have missed you guys lately.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I never tried colored pancakes...interesting how they still turn brown and the color peeks through on the side!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I love the ice idea. Too bad my kids are to old.

I want to try the pancakes some time.

Aubrie said...

I can't tell you how many times I dug toys out of ice when I was little. I loved doing that! I guess my mom was trying to keep me occupied, too!