Monday, July 2, 2007

Feels like tomorrow is Friday!

I actually don't mind thinking about going to work tomorrow cause the next day is a holiday! It does stink that the 4th falls on a Wednesday, right smack in the middle of the week cause we only get that day off of work but one is better than none! We're going to Lookeba to celebrate & watch the boys light fireworks. Gavan's parents live in the country so we can shoot as many as we want. The boys are so funny with the fireworks. Each year they've gotten braver with them so I'm sure this year will be a treat. Gavan went golfing tonight so I had an evening to myself. I had a VBS meeting at church at 7 then stopped at McD's and got a vanilla cone on the way home! I thought I needed a treat for the day & then after I ate it & got home, I thought..."Gee, I really need to get back into my walking routine" so I put on my tennies, got Paisley & headed out. I got in a pretty good walk too. I always feel better after I walk & hopefully I'll sleep better tonight than I did last night. I'm at that point where I can't sleep on my back or stomach so it's either the right side or left side. I usually always sleep on the side anyways but my problem is that my hips are either falling asleep or they just start hurting after a while. Last night I just kept having to switch sides what felt like every hour. I have always thought I have poor circulation in my legs so that might be what's going on but I'm not sure. All I know is that I've got a long pregnancy ahead if I'm already having trouble sleeping! If anyone has any tips, I'm up for anything! Well, I'm off to read a bit more of Harry Potter. I'm trying to get this book done before the next one comes out. I want to get them all read before the baby comes so I don't have too far to go! Everyone be safe on the holiday! Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hey! I thought I would leave you a comment since I told you I found your blog. And yes...you do have a long road ahead of you if you are already having trouble sleeping!

Kara Scharrer said...

Hey Mel! I remember totally what you're going through with your hips when you sleep. What helped me was when I got a body pillow and put my outside leg around it when I was on my side and I'd turn as far over as I could to make it seem like I was sleeping on my tummy, but actually my tummy would be hanging between me and the body pillow...does that make sense? That seemed to help a little bit. I'll be praying for you to have a good sleep!

Heidi said...

Hey Melody- happy 4th of July. Hope you all have fun with fireworks!