Friday, July 6, 2007

Ok, it's finally Friday!

I don't know about you but having the holiday in the middle of the week really threw me for a loop. I dragged myself into work on Thursday after crawling in bed at about 12:45 a.m. the night before & then was tired all day long. On my way home from work, it downpoured for like 45 minutes & took out our electricity for about 3 hours or so. Hefner road was completely under water while I was driving on it, and there was still water on the road when I was going downhill! Oh well, I didn't have to make dinner that night due to the power outage! We went to Home Depot & bought our new countertops & backsplash for the kitchen. Have I mentioned we're redoing our kitchen? Well, we are redoing our kitchen! We're painting the cabinets, new countertops, backsplash, sink, faucet, hardware, rugs & curtains! We're really excited about it & hope to start this weekend if we can find some time! After this weekend, we're gone for 3 weekends straight so it won't be finished until August I'm sure. We'll post along the way! We have BK (small groups) tonight so we have to leave in 15 minutes & G isn't home from work yet. This is his busiest day of the month so hopefully he'll be arriving any minute so we can get there on time! I guess summer is officially here according to the temperature outside. All of you who complained about the rain hopefully are happy now. No rain but hot, sticky, humid days! Gross. I'd rather have the rain but then again, I'm not a farmer, landscaper or in construction. I do feel sorry for those people. They've got to be so far behind at work! Welp, gotta go feed Paisley din-din & then get ready to go! Have a good Friday night.

0 comments: