Thursday, September 6, 2007

There you have it!

I actually made this slideshow AND got it on my blog all by myself! I'm not just real good with that kind of stuff yet but I'm learning. We're really enjoying the kitchen and I'm almost done with the finishing touches, like curtains! They're coming as soon as I find the right material or that perfect curtain. It's so nice to not have the nasty blue countertops with the cigarette burn anymore!


Well, I had my blood glucose screening last week at my checkup and found out yesterday that my blood sugar level was high so I got to go to the hospital at 8:00 this morning and sit for several hours after drinking a very sugary drink so they could stick my arms 4 times to check for gestational diabetes. Luckily, my sweet mother came and sat with me all morning while I got a little sick from that drink and got poked with needles. It wasn't too bad but I really hope I don't have it. I just don't want to have to worry about anything more with this pregnancy! Hopefully we'll have the results within a day or 2. I'll report when I hear.


My daughter (no, we haven't decided on a name yet) definately already has a full closet of clothes. My sis-in-law, Shawna, gave us 2 huge bags of clothes that Dayona has already grown out of, not to mention I've bought a "few" things for her too! Here's a pic of the clothes we got from them. It's crazy!

Last weekend we did a little registering too. My parents were down for the OU game so Mom was with me at the baby shops, which was fun cause we haven't gotten to shop together for the baby much this time. Anyway, she bought us our travel set! I'm so excited & can't wait to use it! Gavan put it all together and now it's just sitting in the nursery taking up space. We are going to run out of space so soon. Where are we going to put everything? I love organizing but it's going to be quite a challenge to make the best use of space when this little darling comes into my world and messes everything up! I really can't wait for her to get here though. I'm up for the challenge! Here's a pic of our stroller & car seat! Thanks mom & dad! We love you. "LuLu" (that's what our nephews call her) says thanks too & she can't wait to be able to ride in it!




Well, I'm off to bed by doctor's orders. For all of you who have been wondering....Yes, I'm taking it easy and staying off my feet as much as possible. I'm trying to get more rest too. It's hard for me to slow down and let other people do things for me but I'm learning to be okay with it. Thanks to my great husband for helping out while I'm resting. Love you, G. Thanks to Wee for making a great dinner tonight too! You're a great house guest! Have Friday to all of you!

























3 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I love your travel set...so cute! Um, that's a lot of clothes!!

Claire said...

It sounds like you're getting a lot done. I need to take your lead. I have so much to do before this one gets here (3 weeks left-ahhh). I love the stroller/car seat. It makes me want to go get a new one. Keep on resting up. -AD

Kara Scharrer said...

You are sooooo lucky to get that travel set. I love it! We didn't have any money when Maida was on the way (and still don't!!) so we got our car seat free at a garage sale and our stroller free on the side of the road. They are crappy, but they work. I'm glad that you're blessed to get so much good stuff. All those clothes will be put to good use soon!! I can't wait. Keep us updated!