Monday, September 10, 2007

Update

Well, I talked to Dr. Huff's nurse today and she said that I passed the blood glucose test with all normal levels! I asked her what happened with the first screening to cause me to fail it. She said it was probably a fluke things or just an isolated event but this longer test showed that I was fine! I'm SO relieved. I just didn't want to have that to deal with or worry about, seeing how I know nothing about diabetes! I have another appointment on Thursday with Dr. Huff to check to see if anything else has happed with the softening of my cervix. Let's hope is hasn't changed from 2 weeks ago. The contractions have lessened slightly but I still have probably 2-3 a day. At least they aren't getting anymore intense cause that wouldn't be good. I'll update again after Thursdays appointment.

Hope everyone had a good Monday. I didn't start to have a good day until I got my results back over my lunch hour! After I found that out, I celebrated with a Dr. Pepper from Sonic! I actually had a splitting headache so the DP helped that go away! I'm so excited for this weather. It's starting to feel like fall aound here! In honor of the cooler weather I made Santa Fe Chili & corn bread tonight for dinner. G & Wee thought they were in heaven because they were both propped up on the couch watching the Bengals play Monday Night Football while eating chili. I always get in the mood for soups, stews, chilis, etc when fall starts coming around, not to mention my mom brought me a pumpkin this past weekend! The first one of the season on my porch already! I'm going to get my fall decorations out this weekend too. I know I'm weird, but I can't wait! I love putting all my pumpkins out! This month starts my favorite time of the year! Fall is my favorite season to begin with, then my birthday is next Monday and then we have all kinds of holidays in the next several months! This year will end wonderfully when our daughter is born too! Can you tell I'm excited tonight?!

Welp, I'm off to give myself a manicure cause my nails grow super fast with my prenatal vitamins. I've stopped giving myself pedicures cause I simply can't do it comfortably but it gives me a good excuse to go pay those nice chinese ladies to give me one. They do such a great job! Maybe I'll get one this weekend...... Oh yeah, I cut my hair off on Friday. I had an appointment for my highlights but decided while I was there to cut it! It's easy to fix and I like it! Have a good night, all.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I think the hair chop is in these days. I can't wait to see what it looks like!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

I am so glad to hear you got good news!! I know it is such a relief for you to have one less thing to worry about!! We will keep praying for you and Baby Byrd :-).

EandJTrygg said...

My sister went through the same thing with that particular test, I'm pretty sure. I get the feeling that those things just aren't too accurate. -- ET