Tuesday, October 30, 2007

God is teaching us patience....

Well, I had my doctor's appointments today at the hospital. We ended up being there for over 4 hours but FINALLY everything got done. God has been teaching us lots of patience these las few months! They forgot to order the ultrasound to be scheduled so we had to wait for them to do that and get over to me. Then after the sonographer left she didn't leave a report for Dr. Huff so we had to wait for her to go back to the imaging center and let the radiologist read the images and then send a report back to the hospital, which took another hour. Dr. Huff saw me and said everything looked great with the baby. She gained almost a pound in the last 2 weeks and now she weighs 4 lbs 9 oz! She's growing so great. Everything else with her look good and she was right on schedule at 33 weeks. Nothing had changed on me either, which is great. The afternoon was frustrating for Gavan and I but eventually they got their act together and we got to go home.

The plan is for me to discontinue my terb pump on my appointment on Nov 20th, when I'll be 36 weeks and 2 days. She's going to check several things to give her a baseline on me for reference and as long as baby and me are still doing great then we'll stop the pump. I can't imagine me not going into labor within a few days or so after that but my body may surprise us and go another week or so. We'll just have to wait and see. Dr. Huff is on call over Thanksgiving, which is good in case I go into labor over the holiday!

It's hard to believe that I've been on bed rest for over a month now! The time has gone fast and I'm so thankful that our little girl keeps growing like a weed and I feel more confident every day that she'll do great when she's born. But keep those prayers going us for us. It means so much to us to know that there are so many people praying for us and our little one. God is so awesome and in complete control over our lives and we feel so blessed to have the friends and family we have.

1 comments:

Ryan Rowten said...

I am so happy everything is going so great for you! The paisley story brought me back to us visiting about her in the mornings and all of her crazy adventures. Don't forget, after everything has settled you and I need to go to lunch. I know of a perfect little sandwich shop. Miss you lots.

By the way this isn't Ryan sending you this note ;)