Monday, October 29, 2007

I'm such a hormonal crybaby...

So I decided to DVR several new shows during the week to give me something to watch during the day besides movies and HGTV. We all know there is pretty much nothing on during daytime tv except soap operas. I'm not and have never been a soap fan like some of you are (I'm not bashing them but I just don't watch them). I recorded Extreme Home Makeover, which is not new to me but I didn't watch it every Sunday before. Even before I was pregnant that show made me cry every single time. I usually didn't break down until the end when they show the house but now, oh my, I cry practically through the whole show. I don't know if any of you watched Sunday night but I watched it this morning and cried through the whole show. There was this 15 year old boy who had to step up and be the man of the house to his mom (who was in a wheelchair), his 20 yr old sister (who had 2 boys, 2 and like 16 months) and then his younger 13 yr old sister who had bad asthma problems. Anyways. He was so awesome and I just wanted to reach into the tv and hug him. So sad that he has had to grow up so fast and live in a trailer that didn't even have running water, not too mention a toilet. Seriously, ABC got to me on that one. My mom called while I was watching it and I think I freaked her out a bit cause I was crying when she called! Nevertheless, great show.

I got woken about 8:20 up by my nice, older neighbor lady (the one with dentures but never wears them) ringing my doorbell and knocking multiple times. I was going to really try to get extra sleep this morning too. Anyways, I didn't answer the door cause I knew she was just going to tell me that Paisley was in her yard again. She knows I'm on bedrest and that I'm not going to get out and try to get my dog back in my yard. I don't know why she just doesn't put her back in our yard through our gate and put something over the whole that her dog helped my dog dig. She's done this before and I don't understand why. Yes, Paisley is 1/2 at fault for the holes but she never dug into their yard before until they got a puppy who started digging under the fence into our yard too. He's a psycho dog anyways. Our fence line looks awful from all the holes but we don't really have time to mess with it right now. Or I'll say, Gavan doesn't have time to mess with it right now!

After I got up this morning, I looked outside to see Paisley laying in the middle of the yard, like a good dog, and she was chowing down on a nice, fresh squirrel! I almost lost it. She had 1/2 of it gone and was still working on it. I knocked on the window to try to get her to stop. She finally got up but kept the squirrel in her mouth. All I could see was the back 1/2 of it hanging, including the tail. She proceeded to walk up and down the fenceline and yard looking for good spot to bury it. After about 5 minutes of this, she dug a small hole, laid the remaining part of it in the hole, and then covered it up with dirt with her nose. Then she came and sat at the back door, which means she wants to come inside to see me. I couldn't let her in right yet cause she just had a 1/2 of a squirrel in her mouth. Sick. She ate a little dog food and then I let her in. She went right to sleep when she got in and slept for a while. I guess catching, killing and eating the squirrel was hard work. Sorry for the gross story but that's what you get when you look out the window all day!

Another big week down for me and baby! I hit 33 weeks yesterday. Whooohoooo! I see Dr. Huff tomorrow and have a NST & ultrasound as well. I'll give an update afterwards. Let's see how much weight our little one has put on in the last 2 weeks! Happy Monday to you.

0 comments: