Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I better enjoy the view........

Well, Dr. Huff told me this morning that we were keeping the mag level put today and see if I stay fairly stable throughout the day. She talked about the possibility of transferring me to Mercy but as of now its not needed. If I start labor & they can't stop it, then they'll transfer me quickly. If I do happen to deliver here, they'll stabilize me & the baby & then transfer both of us. She'd like me to be able to stay here as long as possible so that's the plan for now. She told us again that 34 weeks would be great but hopefully I won't have to be on the mag the whole time. We're still hoping to decrease the mag each day and get only on pill form medication. We just continue to take baby steps each day & hope for the best.

Like I said in my title, I'd better enjoy the view from my room cause I might be here for a while. I just try to keep a positive perspective on the situation & keep our daughter's life as a first priority. I'd rather do the hardwork instead of having her try to fight. She still continues to stay very strong with a steady heartbeat. She's our little fighter & we can't wait to meet her but we want to keep her in as long as possible!

Gavan is doing such a good job taking care of me as well as everything else at home! He says that Paisley misses me & I miss her too. I'm sure she's wondering what is going on cause we're not at home anymore! I couldn't do this without Gavan & thank God for him everyday. He's the best! I guess I'll go for now. Gotta roll over & give my right side a break!

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Oh Mel, I'm so sorry...I know that's not the news you wanted! You're right though, it is best for her! I'll come visit you as much as I can, I'm glad I work right by the hospital! I love you!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Melody - Michael e-mailed me and said the class could bring by some meals starting on Monday. Any special instructions or requests? I don't have your e-mail address, but you can e-mail me at tara.hobbs@sbcglobal.net. I am glad to here that the baby is doing great!! We will continue to pray for you guys!!