Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's me.......

Well, I thought I'd post since I have some time on my hands! I'm keeping my sis's old laptop up here so I am able to have internet during the long days. Dr. Huff has kept me on just half the mag, which is in the iv drip, since yesterday morning. I was originally going to get decreased more but I've had too many contractions to do that. Along with the mag, I'm on a pill every 8 hours as well to keep off the contractions too. THEN, when I have any breakthrough contractions I get a shot of another med to stop them right away. I'm not a big fan of the shot cause it makes me really anxious and my heart races pretty fast. I had to have that shot last night at 11:30 and then today at about 11:15 cause of the breaktroughs. I did have an ultrasound this morning which told us our little girl was about 3 pounds, which was great news! We were hoping she was about that size. Each day she stays in is better than the day before! She's still on schedule for growth and continues to not be phased by all this activity!

I'm already sick of this hospital bed. Since Friday, I've been out of bed twice & that was for showers. I'm lucky they let me have those 2 showers! After I got back in bed this afternoon I had 3 contractions within 9 minutes so in my nurse came and gave me another shot. So.....basically I just can't move at all! They just keep telling me I have an irritable uterus. We just have to wait and see what my doctor says. It's basically a day by day thing right now.

Thanks for all your thoughts,prayers, calls, comments and emails. It really helps us get through these times and keep positive. Just keep praying for my body to settle down and keep this baby in for several more weeks. We truly appreciate everything. We'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

Jody, Michelle & Gadge said...

You are a truly wonderful person!! You will make it and so will little Byrd. We love you all and pray for you several times a day.

Dixie said...

Hey Mel!
I am so sorry that you are stuck in that hospital bed...I know it is hard for a 'go-getter' like you to be stranded. Just know that you are already an AWESOME(if I knew how to underline this a million times I would)mommy by giving up normal life and doing everything in your power to give her the best start! Each additional day is a success! We are praying for you, G, and little Miss Byrd and hope to see you soon!
Love Ya,
Dixie

Summer said...

We are definitely praying. Let me know if I can do anything.

EandJTrygg said...

We're praying for you! (Clearly the kid wants out, but you've got to lay down the law!)

By the way, Jeanie says that everything you're going through is pretty normal (in case you haven't heard that a dozen times already). Don't know if that will make you feel any better or not, but I always like it when doctors fail to get excited about whatever I'm going through!

Let us know if there's anything we can do. -- Erik

Andrea said...

You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. Let us know how we can help. We love you guys!

TM said...

Hey Melody,
We're praying for you guys. I am so sorry you're having to go through this. Let me know if you need anything. A good book, movie, company during the day, homecooked meal...anything! Seriously just let me know. Take care of yourself.
Tracy

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Hey sorry we haven't been able to come see you. I hope you are doing well. I tagged you by the way...if you have the time you can tell us some random facts about you!