Wednesday, November 28, 2007

1 week checkup.....and more pics

We took Jaylen for her 1 week check up today with Dr. Stephens. He said she checked out perfectly. We thought she still had some yellow color to her and he agreed but said it was residual coloring from getting out from under the lights and that it would continually lessen as she continues to pee and poop. We were thankful that she checked out great and is ready to start putting on the pounds! Her birth weight was 5 lb 10 oz and today she was back up to 5 lb
2 oz so she's getting there. She is still sleeping ALL the time. We wake her up for pretty much every feeding. She was awake for about an hour and a half today during a feeding and her bath. She loves getting her hair shampooed (is that spelled right?). She just looks around and doesn't cry a bit.

My mom, Grandmother, came today to spend several days with us as Gavan had to go back to work this morning. She can't believe how much Jaylen looks like Gavan. Neither can I. I can hardly claim anything on this child. Gavan gives me credit for her nose but it looks just like his baby pics too. She is already a daddy's girl, I guess.

Here are a few more pics from today. Aunt Miranda bought Jaylen several preemie outfits and this is one of them. We thought she looked adorable in them. They are so tiny!

Her socks don't fit but that's no surprise.

She just had a bath so her hair has lots of body! We love it.

Sweet little girl

Mom just couldn't stop loving on her!

We've already had to change the changing pad sheet. Tonight G was changing her diaper and apparently she was in the middle of a poop. I was in the room and he said "Oh, here's some poop", then he said "Oh, here's some pee", then he said "Oh, here's some spit up". I was just laughing watching him try to catch all of the bodily functions that were happening at the same time. He did great but we did need to get a new sheet. Jaylen didn't mind all the excitement as long as she got to finish her business, I guess!

7 comments:

Gena said...

Guys, she is just precious. I can't get over that hair. Sounds like you are surviving and she's sleeping well. Thank goodness for small blessings!

Deana said...

Gaven and Melody, I am just so excited for all of you! What a precious gift from God! We can't wait to see Jaylen for real! She is beautiful! Praise the Lord!!!

Dixie said...

OH MEL!! She is soooooo cute!!! I can't hardly stand that I haven't gotten to hold her yet!!!! What a sweetheart! And good job breakin' dad in on being a daddy! Talk to you later!
Dixie

Grandpa Ken and Nina said...

She is just beautiful. God is so good. I know your mom will enjoy Jaylen as much as we enjoy Ethan. What a blessing. We get to see our sweetheart in December.
We are just so happy for y'all. :-)

Ken and Cindi

Grandpa Ken and Nina said...

I used my account for Doug and family...that's why my post says grandpa Ken and Nina. I signed it Ken and Cindi. I don't know how to change it. :-) Ken and Cindi

Sharbee said...

Love her new outfits & hair! Can't wait to see her again! We love you so much!

Michael and Katie said...

Jaylen is so adorable! That's one of the only times we have seen her with her eyes opened! We love you guys and hope to see our precious little niece again soon!