Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Our little one weighs in at.......

a whopping 5 lbs 9 oz! She gained a pound in the last 2 weeks, which is on schedule for right now. The ultrasound showed she was just under 35 weeks of growth and everything looked great. She is still in the head down position so she shouldn't turn now. We actually got to see her moving her mouth in a sucking motion on the ultrasound. It was really cute. She didn't have her thumb in her mouth but at least we know that her sucking reflex works! She showed off by putting her put above her head too. She did great on the NST, as usual. It only took about 25 minutes to get a reactive strip on her cause she was moving constantly. My doctor was actually gone today so I didn't get to see her. I have an appointmen this coming Monday, Nov 19th, for her to take me off of the pump. That is assuming that I continue to do well with the medication and the baby keeps growing, which it looks like it will be fine. After we do that, anytime is fair game for us to have a baby!

Last night Gavan was taking some more pics of my belly and we thought this one below was good enough to post. There was liquid in the glass and I even started laughing a bit but the cup didn't budge!

This is also the couch I've been living on during the days for the past 5 weeks. It's quite comfy but I'll be glad to only be trying to squeeze a quick nap on it in the near future!

This next picture we took this morning before I went to the doctor. I never know when the last pregnancy picture of me will be taken cause I never know if they are going to let me leave the hospital after my appointments!

I guess it really is true what they say about wearing black that it makes you look slimmer. My stomach is bigger than it looks in this picture.

I still can't believe I've gotten this far. When I went into the hospital at 29 weeks, we were worried about having a baby less than 3 pounds and now she's almost 6 pounds. God is so good. I thank Him everyday for giving me these weeks at home to get my little girl bigger and stronger. When all this started happening I kept asking why I was having a pregnancy like this. I just thought He would bless us with an easy road this time after what we went through with losing Faith. But as I kept thinking about it I started telling myself that He never said this life would be easy. I know that he is blessing us with a healthy baby girl this time but I still have to work hard to ge her here. He puts these obstacles in our lives to make us stronger and in my life I have seen this happen. Over the last year, I really feel that I have become stronger. My faith in Him continues to grow everyday and I just keep realizing how amazing he truly is.

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of things we do not see".



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Melody,
I'm so excited for you that you have made it this far and you are SO close now! I can't wait to see you at your shower this weekend and will be anxiously awaiting the news of the baby starting next week! You look great and I know you will be a wonderful mommy!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

I just want to say you look amazing!! I will continue to pray for you guys. We can't wait to mee the new baby!!

Dara said...

I'm so glad your baby is doing so well! It won't be long now:)

Sharbee said...

It's almost time for her to arrive! We're so excited for you. Love you!