Friday, January 18, 2008

2 month check up.......

Well, Jaylen had her 2 month appointment this morning. She weighs 9 lb 10 oz and is 21 inches long. I was expecting around 9 lbs so we were excited for her to be more than that. Dr. Stephens said she looked great and seemed to be doing very well for being premature. She did pretty good with the shots. As soon as she got stuck with the first one, she screamed and got so red in the face but then only cried for a couple of minutes after it was all done. Once we got home, she ate and has been sleeping ever since. She's such a good baby and hopefully she stays that way. I did better watching her get the shots than I thought I would. The nurse did them super fast and then handed her right to me. We're going to start to let her sleep through the night with the suggestions he gave us so we'll see how she does. We'll start the transition after a day or 2 when she feels okay from the shots.

We still can't believe she's 2 months old. She has changed our lives so much and has brought so much joy to our lives in the short amount of time she's been here. I know she'll grow up too fast for us but we truly cherish everyday. Thank God for children. They are the love of our lives.

4 comments:

Sharbee said...

So true that our children are a gift from God. Enjoy every minute and every age - it goes too fast! We love baby Jaylen so much!

Emily said...

If you have any suggestions on getting her to sleep through the night, let me know! We're still waiting for Cason to sleep all night and he's almost two!

Dara said...

I hate shot day! Aidan screams and screams. She scares all of the children in the waiting room. But she always forgives us.

suzspeaks said...

I can't wait to see her again!!!