Monday, January 28, 2008

Diet and exercise really does work......

Yes, its true. The good old diet and exercise does help you trim down and lose some weight. Slowly but surely I'm getting back down to pre-pregnancy size. Everyday I try on something non-maturnity, mainly pants, to see if I can fit into them and when I can it is truly a joyous occasion. I ran into the living room with a pair of pants on Saturday night that I haven't worn in over a year and a half to show Gavan and ask him if they looked okay. He laughed and said yes, of course. Good times.



I really didn't want to go to my group fitness class today but after Elizabeth kicked our butts I'm glad I did. Why is it that you always feel better after you work out? Nevertheless, she knows what she's doing cause it's working!



Jaylen had a big weekend cause she got to see both sets of grandparents! My mom couldn't believe how much she'd changed in the past 3 weeks. She said she looked like a different baby. She'll be back this weekend for Katie's shower. Can't believe Macy will be here so soon! Jaylen can't wait to meet her cousin and partner in crime!



Here's a sweet 4 generation pic of my dad and grandma. Jaylen is her first great-grandchild so as you can imagine she was so excited to see her at christmas. She threw her a little Welcome to the World party. It was sweet.



By the way, I think Gavan & his dad talked themselves into buying a boat this week. Nice one.......I didn't think I'd really ever wear a swimsuit again, at least not in public!

4 comments:

Gena said...

Good thing you're getting in shape, then! I can already hear the cat calls and whistling out at the Lake. ;)

Lisa said...

I'm sad I missed the fitness class yesterday! But I've been trying hard to work out at home and have now done 2 days in a row! I'm sure I'm not getting NEAR as good of a workout as I would with Elizabeth, but at least I'm burning a few calories...that should count for something! :o) You are looking great by the way! By just looking at you, no one would ever know you just had a baby a couple months ago!

Jody, Michelle & Gadge said...

Diet and exercise works great!! I have lost over 50lbs and gone down 3 pants sizes. I love my bike!! I also do the fun exercises with my PreK-2nd gym class. Keep it up!!

suzspeaks said...

That is a cute picture!! You look great! I wish I could come to the workout class! Is it in the mornings?