Thursday, January 31, 2008

So sweet......

I love how Jaylen changes daily and does new things all the time. Tonight when Gavan got home from work, I was sitting on the couch feeding Jaylen and as soon as he started talking to us she let the bottle fall out of her mouth, turned her head right towards him and gave him a big smile! I think it melted his heart that she did that cause she hasn't smiled at him much at all yet. It was such a sweet moment.

Her newest thing right now is that her hands have found her mouth. She sucks on them a lot. She hasn't gotten her thumb inside yet but I'm sure it will be there soon. She still takes a paci too but seems to not take it quite as much lately. Maybe she's slowly switching to her thumb instead of a paci. Not sure what we want.....a thumb sucker or paci baby. Hmmmm...........

Wee tooks some adorable pics of Jaylen and we're working on her announcements. Here is a sweet one of her.

10 weeks old



6 comments:

Sharbee said...

That's sweet that she smiled at Daddy! The pic of her is so good! I love her cheeks!

Emily said...

I vote paci baby. You can get rid of those but thumbs are there to stay.

Heidi said...

Your daughter is adorable.

Lisa said...

Precious! She gets cuter each time I see her or a picture of her!
A thumb-sucker is not so bad! I was one myself, WAY back in the day and Karli is a little copy of myself in that respect. True, you can't take the thumb away, but it hasn't really been a problem for us. My mom said I just decided one day that I was going to be a big girl and gave up my blankie and my thumb, so it may just take a little longer to break the habit. Plus--they've always got their thumb with them and you won't have to run in and stick it back in their mouth several times during the night! Just another opinion for you!

Michael and Katie said...

I SO have the cutest niece ever! Aunt Katie advises no to the thumb sucking. I was a thumb sucker and my parents tried everything to try to get me to stop, but I didn't until I was 5 years old! I guess I realized it wasn't cool once I got to kindergarten. :)

Becky Clark said...

I loved coming to visit you all and getting to watch Jaylen while you went on a date!