Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Late New Year's pic....

I wanted to post this pic right after New Year's but it was on mom's camera and I just got it from her. We spent the holiday in Wichita at mom and dad's playing poker and stuff. Their neighbor gave us some excitement at midnight by setting off 50,000 black cats in the middle of the street. I'm not exaggerating on that number either (my mom talked to him the next morning). They went off for like 5 minutes, not kidding. Good times.......black cats, poker, me being sleep deprived and barely staying up till midnight, and Gavan getting sloshed with sparkling white grape juice!

Here's another pic ( I just got from mom) of all my cousins on my dad's side of the family with or Grandma in front holding Jaylen, her first great-grandchild. We had to celebrate christmas after new year's this year. It's always fun going to Grandma's. Up until this year, ALL of my family stays in the same house. Us cousins usually just sleep on air mattresses all over the floor! The last several years we've had marriages and now the great-grandchildren are being added so we can't all fit anymore but we've had many memories together.



6 comments:

Aubrie said...

I didn't know you were related to Kody and Ginny? How does that work?

Sharbee said...

Love the recent photos! Gavan, you're hittin it heavy!! What's baby Jaylen doing today???

Melody said...

Well, this evening baby Jaylen has been mostly crying. She gets very fussy in the evenings for no apparent reason at all. Not a pretty sight!

-gavan

Melody said...

Oh yeah, to answer Aubree, Kody and Mel are first cousins. Mel's dad and Kody's mom are brother and sister. Small world huh?

suzspeaks said...

Cute pictures!!

Guy and Nancy said...

It always freaks me out to see pics of Kody b/c at Singing school he was this little kid who had a crush on Mel Rushing. I saw him at your's and also Michael's weddings but I still see him as a kid...AHHH weird! - Nan