Friday, May 23, 2008

6 month checkup......

Jaylen today after we got home from her appointment.



The shots don't seem to be bothering her.

We just got back from Jaylen's checkup and some errands. I'm always amazed at how well she tolerates the shots. Of course she lets out a horrible scream, gasps for air and cries for several minutes but then she usually does great after that. It wears her out so she took a nice snooze while I ran errands getting ready to leave tomorrow. I've still got tons of packing, organizing, laundry, etc to do before we leave so I'll be short and sweet with her update.

Our chunky monkey is 19 1/2 pounds (90%), 25 1/2 in. long (50%) and her head is in the 90% too. He said she is doing great and really happy with her sleeping 11 hours a night. She is doing better eating cereal.......I switched from rice to oatmeal. She has only eaten peas but did great with them so we'll see how the others go. He is referring us to a dermatologist to have her birthmark looked at, which I'm happy about. I'm sure it will take a while to get in but at least we'll have something scheduled to get it checked out. All in all she's a happy & healthy little girl.

I took these pics earlier this week. I've been trying to get her rolling over on video but still haven't gotten it. I love her little plaid skirt in these pics.

Before rolling over




In motion........she only made it half way and then plopped back down!


Sometimes if she wakes up when Gavan is getting ready for work, he will bring Jaylen into snuggle with me in bed. She fell back asleep the other morning.....she's so sweet in this one.

We'll be gone for a week in Colorado loving the cooler weather. Wee is house sitting for us, taking care of Paisley, and watering our flowers and my garden, which we are so thankful for. By the way, I've got several squash growing already! Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.




4 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Wow, look at the rolls! I love love love them! She is seriously so stinking cute. Every time you post a picture of her, she looks older. Have fun in CO!!! Are you guys driving or flying?

Claire said...

Jaylen is adorable! She now passed Kate in weight, but Kate still has 1/2 inch in height on her! Its so fun to see how they grow.

I don't know who you were referred to, but I've had to take both my younger girls to the dermatologist, and OU dermatology has a very short wait. I got Kate in to see them within about 3 days-they have a clinic at Mercy, too, which is where I go. Let me know if you want more info.

Emily said...

I'm curious as to what type f birthmark she has. Cason has one on his belly that is just flat and tan. But Kendall has one on her back that is red and puffy. Hmmm.

Okay, enough birthmark talk. She is so precious!
The guys at OC will have to watch out when Jaylen and Kendall arrive on campus.

sheridan said...

love those chunky monkey legs!!! she is so cute and has a great smile. i'm impressed you are gardening-when I dream of having time on my hands gardening is something I'd like to try my hand at. Hope you are having a good time in CO!