Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Weekend recap.........

We had a great Mother's Day weekend in Lookeba with Gavan's family. We took the boat out on Saturday for just a couple of hours to make sure it ran for the first time and just made sure everything was good to start the summer. Paisley got to go to the lake as well and loved it! She ran right down the boat ramp and started swimming. She rode on the boat and like it too. We got to see his brothers and their families. All the kiddos are growing up so fast. We all don't live that far away from each other but we can't seem to see each other that often. Gavan's parents have 6 grandkids ages 9, 7, 5, 2, 16 months & 6 months! It's always an eventful time with all of them. After we got out to Lookeba I realized that Gavan had packed the same color shirt as the dress I packed for church and I brought the same color for Jay to wear as well. Didn't plan it but we looked cute but did not even get a picture. So upset with myself.

Paisley followed the boys to the cow pen and rolled herself all over a cow pie.....yes, cow poop! Again, I didn't get a picture but it was unreal the amount of poop mashed into her hair. Ridiculous. Then when she was just about dry, she did it again. Poor Gavan had to give her a bath before we came home.

All in all it was a great time and I loved being able to celebrate my first mother's day! We are taking a trip to Colorado in 2 weeks and for mother's day I got a spa package from him at our hotel. I'm so excited and ready to get there! Thanks babe, love you so much.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

You guys did look really cute on Sunday! I thought you had planned it! Blue looks good on all of you.

Kara Scharrer said...

Hey Mel, don't feel bad, I never got a picture of all of us on Mother's Day either! I'm glad you guys had a great time!