Friday, May 9, 2008

This was not on my list of things to do today..........

Nope, I really didn't want to have to dispose of the squirrel Paisley caught and killed somehow. I went outside to take a load of laundry to the garage and here comes Paisley trotting up to me with a freshly dead squirrel in her mouth. Yes, she had a hold of it right in the middle of it's back and the rest was just hanging there. Did I mention blood was dripping from it too? I really almost threw up right. I said "Oh, no, no, no Paisley" and she dropped it right on the back porch in front of the door. I put Paisley in the garage and then went to the shed to get a shovel. I wasn't for sure what to exactly do with it but all I could think of was to bury it. I dug a hole in the back by the fence then went to scoop up the poor squirrel. That was not easy as I was not about to touch the thing other than with the shovel. Anyways, I got it on the shovel and buried it in the nice hold I dug. Not quite what I had in mind for this morning but hey Paisley keeps me on my toes, as if I don't have enough!

Now I better get outside to make sure Paisley didn't find the spot I buried her "kill" in. I wouldn't put it past her to dig it right back up!

0 comments: