Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Colorado trip part 2..............

All of our family left Thursday morning after the graduation but we stayed a couple more days to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Gavan surprised me with a night stay & a spa package at the Broadmoor. I LOVED my herbal bath soak and hour long pedicure.......yes, I said hour long! They did a hot stone massage on my legs, which was awesome. We had dinner at one of the restaurants in the hotel that night too. Jaylen was scared of the lighting and the guy running the grill with the smoke and fire so she was not happy during dinner but the nice hostess walked around with her for us and then she was better. Our room was as nice as I thought it would be and the view of the mountains was great. If you are wanting somewhere to celebrate an anniversary or whatever, I would recommend the Broadmoor. I did feel a little out of place when they valet parked our car, carried all of our bags right to our room, picked them back up when we left, and had men opening the doors for us. I'm just not used to that but I guess I could get used to it!


I took this from a balcony......it is the entrance to the hotel/resort.


This was the tower that we stayed in.


We walked around the lake after dinner....it was a gorgeous night.


The hotel towers & wings surrounded the lake and the pool was just on the other side of the bridge.
There were 3 golf courses here and I hate it that Gavan didn't get to play but I'm taking him back someday so he can play at least once! We went to the zoo while we were there too. Jaylen is in a phase right now where she doesn't want to ride in her stroller so we traded off carrying her up and down the hills in the zoo since it was in the mountains. We got up close & personal with a giraffe when people were feeding them........their tongues are amazing! We saw 2 monkeys having some "alone time" too. That was interesting........good thing Jaylen isn't old enough to ask us what they were doing. We left Saturday morning and drove to my parent's house in Wichita to stay the night and then got home Sunday evening. Jaylen did great on the way home and had zero meltdowns.......thank goodness for our sake.

We had a fabulous, event-filled vacation and anniversary celebration. I really can't believe that it has already been 5 years. They have gone super fast so I guess that means we are doing something right. Gavan, thanks for the surprise stay & spa package at the Broadmoor. It was the perfect place to celebrate but I promise golf next time! If any of you are still reading this.....good for you.......but you probably should be doing something else!



4 comments:

Sharbee said...

Glad your CO trip was great. Gavan, you did well picking the Broadmoor. I love the photo of your family by the water!

Vanessa said...

I agree, I love the picture in front of the water. I am glad you guys had a good little vacation! Happy belated 5 year anniversary!

timroseberry said...

hey gavan this is tim roseberry i am looking to start going to church at memorial. will you give me a call i have some questions id like to ask you. can you email me at timroseberry@att.net

Stacey Cannon said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time!! And YEAAAA for Jaylen doing so great in the car!