Saturday, August 2, 2008

Prayer Requests.......

My mom called this afternoon and said that my dad was in the hospital in Wichita being tested and monitored after what they think was a baby stroke. He woke up this morning and couldn't use his left hand. Couldn't close it, make a fist, button his pants, etc. After about 3 hours with a stress ball, he regained full use of it....thank goodness. They are doing all kinds of tests, Cat Scan, MRI, EKG, Electrocardiogram, and blood work. Hopefully everything comes back fine and if so he can go home tomorrow. My dad is not a big fan of going to the doctor so I'm sure he's not really liking being in the hospital but I talked to him and he said he felt fine and had a plasma tv in his room so he was good! Just pray that his tests come back good and he is able to go home.

My sis, Myra, has been battling foot problems for several months now and she's in the middle of switching podiatrists and her feet are hurting her very bad. Mom told me today that when they go in stores she has to push her in a wheelchair cause she just can't walk that far without being in severe pain. She has her appointment on Thursday so let's hope she can make it that long. Just pray that her pain in tolerable and the new doctor can actually help her.

With all that said, pray for my mom too as she's taking care of both of them right now and I'm sure it is a little stressful and tiring.

3 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Man! I'll be praying! love you!

Stacey Cannon said...

I'm sorry Melody! I'll be praying for all of them - and you too for peace of mind. I know how hard it is being away from family in the midst of medical problems. ((HUGS))

Anna said...

We will definately keep all of you guys in our prayers. My dad went through the exact same thing a few years back, never had any problems since, but I know how scary that is.