Thursday, September 18, 2008

Persistence pays off.....

Gavan & I had Sprint cell phone coverage for almost 4 years and the entire time we hated their customer service. We were always getting funky charges on our bill and it was like pulling teeth to get them to fix it. As soon as my contract was up, we switched to Altell and it's been great....no problems. Well, we ended up with a credit after we dropped Sprint cause you basically are paying for the next month when you send your check in. I started this entire "retrieving my credit check" process in the beginning of May. I called numerous times, talked to many different customer service reps ( too many of them had such strong accents that I could hardly understand them :) ), and got disconnected way too many times. Can you tell I haven't had a good experience yet? Stick with me.....it ends good.


So finally, about 2 weeks ago I called and got a very nice rep named Melaina (she spoke wonderful english!) She really did some digging for me and after finding out that the credit check was sent to our old address that we hadn't lived at for about 3 years and then our account was closed and they got rid of the software system that opened the old Sprint accounts. Somehow they figured out that the check was never cashed and said a new one would be issued to us.


I didn't really believe her because of all the crap I'd been through with them but low and behold.........I GOT MY CHECK! I couldn't believe that after 4 long months of too many extremely long phone calls that I actually got it. So I guess persistence really does pay off. Besides that was our money and it wasn't my problem that you got bought out and closed old accounts. It's easy....when a business owes you money, they owe you money. Period.


There is my whopping $49.42! And yes, it was worth it to get my 50 bucks!

1 comments:

Nina said...

You are such a beautiful family. Jaylyn is adorable. I love the bows you put in her hair.

We had a wonderful week with Doug, Dixie and of course Ethan and Owen.
I thank God everyday for the blessing of my family.

I didn't know if you knew that my brother passed away a month ago. He was 52. I have been so sad Then God gave us happiness in our sorrow...Owen was born early. He and the whole family have been happier.

Having a week off of work was wonderful and it was great having Dixie's mom there too. Ethan is so funny and the baby likes to snuggle.

Have a wonderful day in the Lord and enjoy your precious daughter.

I have to sing off as Nina because that is what I put for Ethan/Owen. I don't know how to change it to Cindi for y'all.