Monday, January 26, 2009

Just checking in....

I'm sort of out of the blogging habit lately. With our house for sale & getting quite a bit of activity plus us looking at houses for ourselves.....I've been a bit busy with lots of stuff on my mind. The other night I laid in bed for over an hour after we went to sleep with thoughts of all different kitchens, bathrooms, closets, etc running through my mind. They are all starting to run together and I feel like I could go through 20 & still not pick one. We really need to sit down, nail down location & price, and then go from there cause those are 2 biggies. We hate to move to north Edmond when Gavan is still going to be working at Chesapeake so I'm thinking we should focus on the available ones not so far up that way. Oh my....I know we'll pick one & ours is going to sell & this is actually a really fun time but it can be a bit stressful.


On another note, I'm SO glad we have power & I'm PRAYING we don't lose it this winter. Most of you know, during the ice storm last December, we got to live with the Lawrences for a week when our house was without power. Mind you, Jaylen was only 3 weeks old, their house is about 900 sq ft and there were 4 adults & 2 dogs total living there! It was fun to have a sleepover all week but not with a 3 week old preemie baby! We are forever grateful that they let us stay with them. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed till this stuff melts!


I've also been slacking at picture taking lately. Jaylen is growing like a weed & is so close to walking. She took her first steps a few days ago so she's just going to take off some day. She's such a sponge right now & loves to talk! She says LOTS of words & animal sounds which are funny to hear. She LOVES bible class & she likes to "sing" some of the words of the songs & likes to do the actions too. Here are just a couple of Jaylen from the last couple weeks.

she looks skinny to me in this pic.....

PJ day at Sonshine School.....she hangs out at the bottom of the slide when they are in the playroom.

I found her like this the other night before I went to bed. Spit out paci...check; blankie in hand....check; took wall hanging off wall before going to sleep (its behind her)....check; stuck foot outside of crib...check.

this is what a fish says!

6 comments:

Stacey Cannon said...

She's so cute Melody!!! I can't believe how big she's getting!!! Do y'all make it out to visit at Hinton much? Maybe I'll see you soon!

Sharbee said...

Love the fish face! Cute outfit she has on in the chair.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I love the way she sleeps...

Kara Scharrer said...

Mel,
I think that Jaylen is so super adorable! She seems so intelligent for her age too.

Good luck with the all the house stuff. I know that I would be just like you - unable to sleep at night and totally overwhelmed at all the choices and decisions. I wish that we could move down there and buy your house! However, I don't think I'll ever get Erik out of MN.

Miss you guys!

Kara Scharrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara Scharrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.