Thursday, March 19, 2009

6 days & counting....

We close & move in 6 days. Am I packed up yet? No.....but my mom is on her way here right now to help me tackle the last of it. There is still just so much stuff laying, hanging or sitting around that needs to find a home in a box & my box supply is running low. Good thing mom is bringing more boxes. She's awesome because I haven't had to get ANY boxes....she's gotten them all for me. She's the queen of raiding the grocery stores for them. The next 2 days will be full of packing up our life of 4 1/2 years in this house. Honestly, I'm going to be a bit sad when we leave for the last time on Wednesday. This was our first home, did a lot of work to it, brought Jaylen home to it & where she did all her "firsts" during her first year of life. I'm excited for the new house but still will be a little sad.

Since I've joined Facebook in the last week, I haven't quite yet figured out how to not forget about my blog & do FB too! It's so addicting......the reason I've stayed away from it this long. I'll figure it out & get a good balance though. If I'm not your friend yet, I'd love to be. :)

Jaylen gave me her respiratory junk that she had last week so I'm coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose, etc constantly but at least it's this week & not next week. Let's just hope its gone before we move. I guess I'm due an illness since I some how stayed healthy through the winter & all the nastiness that was going around.

My sweet little angel is 16 months today too! She's a walking & talking machine! Still can't believe she's this old & how much she learns each day. Her newest phrase is "I'm busy".....thanks Mom! So cute when she says it though. Here's a few pics from the past couple weeks to give you a reason to read down this far on my post! Enjoy the rest of Spring Break!!!!!

Wee took this picture....Jaylen the photographer.

Another funny sleeping position from Jay....

Cute little toes...
Sweet Macy's 1st bday party! Too cute in her tutu! It was all St. Patty's Day themed, since she was born on the day.
The girls with their shamrock's that Grandma brought for them...

Jaylen

Rockin' on the horse!

3 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Melody, I am so happy for you guys, but I got a little sad, too, reading your post! You have made lots of memories in that place. Good luck with the rest of your packing! Your mom is a great helper, you guys will get a lot done! She's helped me move a few times and there is no one better you want around when you need something done!

amy said...

Congrats on your new house! It was hard to leave the house I brought Kaija home to, but the new one is so much better for us! Have fun redecorating and such!

Sharbee said...

Jaylen's growing & changing too quickly. I love that she talks so much! Congrats on your new home! Love you guys!