Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Smart little girl.....

Lately Jaylen has been chewing on her paci's & I had to throw 5 of them away this weekend because of it. So the paci's are few & far between at our house now......I'm not going to buy new ones every other day! I thought maybe I would try to tell her that it was broken & she couldn't use it anymore just to see if I could maybe wean her off of it......I hadn't been planning on doing this till after Rosson was born though.

This is our conversation before nap time on Monday:

Jay: "Paci?"
Me: "Remember that it broke because you were biting it? We had to throw it away because it is broken."
Jay: "Paci broke?"
Me: "Yes, it's broken & it's all gone."
Jay: "Go get 'nother paci."

Too smart.....she knows better & what did I do? Go get 'nother paci for my sweet baby girl!

The good news is that I kept telling her to quit biting them or she wouldn't have any & it has stopped for now so maybe I'll wean her some other time.....

4 comments:

Mariah said...

Wow she is smart!! Hopefully when the time comes to take Brady's pappy's away (Collin thinks it should be soon but I disagree)he won't be so smart about it!! Jaylen is precious!! She is going to be a great big sister!! Hope you still are feeling good. I saw you on Sunday and you look great!

Kara Scharrer said...

SUPER SMART! And so cute besides! I'm glad that Jaylen still has a paci. Erik gives me a hard time about Skogen having a paci and he's only 8 months, but Maida never would take one, so I'm loving it that Skogen will. They definitely help calm them down. I think it's smart to wait until the baby comes to take it away. They always say not to change too much before the baby (like her crib situation, for example). Also, if the baby has a paci, then she won't get jealous about that if she has one too. Okay, this post is getting waaaay too long. Wish we lived closer so that we could just talk in person! :)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, they are so much smarter than we give them credit for! Looking forward to seeing your new little one!

Gena said...

That girl's vocabulary is crazy. I hope she still remembers my name the next time I see her.