Friday, September 25, 2009

29 years.....

Yep, last week I turned 29 years old! Those birthdays come around a lot quicker when you aren't counting down the months like I did when I was younger! It was a great day........was sung Happy Birthday that morning by Jay & Gav, worked at Sonshine School & received a few gifts/cards from my co-teachers, lots of calls/texts, birthday dinner at Chili's with Gav, Jay, Macy & Mom and then just spent the evening at home with my family. Gavan bought me a pair of Puma tennies for my bday that I wanted while we were in NY.....they are turquoise! Mom gave me a set of awesome stacking bowls to match my kitchen.......turquoise as well! Jay & I both wore turquoise on my birthday (not planned) but can we see a theme going on here?! I guess I'm liking that color these days! While Doug & Dixie were in town that weekend, Dixie & I got birthday pedicures as well! We share the same birthday & actually get to celebrate it together quite often so thanks to our hubbies for the pedicures! Overall, a great day to turn 29.......look out next year though......the big 3-0!
My adorable big girl before school that morning.......we got her the caterpillar in NY that she is holding, it is from "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" story, which she LOVES!

Heading to dinner.......bad posture by me but love these 2 people!
At dinner......."cheese"!

"Cheese" again!

4 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Melody, I love that last piture of you and Jaylen...sooo cute!

Stacey Cannon said...

Aww great pics! Happy 29...30 isn't so bad though! :)

Jaylen is getting so big! I can't wait to see you guys over X-mas!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I can see why you like that color...looks great on you! Enjoy being 29....I think that year was worse than 30 for me because I was dreading turning 30 that whole year. Funny, huh?

Myra said...

I would just like to state...that Mel forgot to mention my Singing Happy Birthday Present!! lol! It was awesome! And the Picture of ya'll at dinner "cheesin" is adorable!!