Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recycling play clothes....

I don't know about you but I love the Garanimals clothes from Wally World for play clothes......at least the solid colored stuff.....the prints are questionable alot of the time. But, they are cheap so I don't care if they get ruined. Anyways, Jaylen has several knit pants from the fall/winter that she wore all the time & still fit her other than the length. So, today I made them into capris for summer play clothes! Here's what I did.......it was extremely easy!

Here are the pants before I cut them off. I had Jay try them on, rolled up the leg to the length I wanted & put a pin in it to mark it.
Then I just cut them off with my rotary cutter. I'm sure they are not even but it doesn't matter if you are off a bit.

Then I zig-zag stitched around the edge, while pulling the material tight, to give them this cute, ruffly edge!
This was super easy, I didn't spend a dime & now she has 3 pair of play capri pants! You could easily make shorts instead of capris too.



5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

you are so resourceful!

suzspeaks said...

I'm impressed Mel! I need to cut off some of Jaxon's pants... but ruffles will not work! ha!

Kayla said...

I did that to a lot of clothes for a girl at church also! Made long sleeve shirts into short sleeve and making them ruffly like that. So fun and easy!!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That is a good trick to know! Way to go!

Kara Scharrer said...

WOW! I am SO excited to try this! Thanks for sharing!!!!