Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Now he is going to hate Chick-fil-A....

Rosson was playing in the little car area at the Chick-fil-A playground & got bit TWICE by another little boy about his age. He was bit on the cheek under his eye & then on the forearm. The other side of his face was scratched like the boy grabbed him when he bit him. I heard him screaming & found just the 2 of them in the car so I knew which little boy did it. Rosson looked terrified by the little boy & was about to hyperventilate from everything. The boy's mom apologized to me but that was about it. I was beyond upset, shaking & really wanted to lay into that mom but I didn't cause there was nothing to do about it after the fact. I just left as soon as we could. Poor little guy fell asleep out of exhaustion from it all soon after we got in the car & then slept for 3 hours. He woke up like nothing happened but he just looked like he had been attacked!

Here's the bite that evening after his bath....
And here is the bite on his arm.....


Didn't keep him from having fun outside later that day though!


Sweet boy!

I'm just so thankful that the little boy didn't hurt Rosson's eye or take a chunk out of his face or arm. Thankfully, neither bite broke the skin but there was a clear implant of both upper & lower sets of teeth. Hope we don't go through that again anytime soon!

4 comments:

Aubrie said...

Whoa! Poor little man. I don't know that I would have been able to keep my cool as well as you did.

Summer said...

I so wish Gavan would have been there. I can't imagine him not saying something. That would have been awesome.

suzspeaks said...

oh my goodness! poor guy!

Chellie said...

B gets bit at daycare all the time.. and unfortunately that means he's learned to bite. He bit Haylie Cornell in the church nursery one day and I felt horrible.
He's come home with a couple that had broke through the skin. It usually means that he (or the biter) is teething. Not to defend the other mom, but I'm sure she felt AWFUL!!