Sunday, April 22, 2007

Garage sale season

Yes, its that time of year, garage sale season that is. Miranda & I got started about 8:00 Saturday morning & tried to hit some neighborhood wide sales but we were a little disappointed at the showing. The neighborhood sales really were like 4 houses & all pretty hard to find. Pet peave #1: If you are having a garage sale, put more than one sign up at the entrance of your edition. Don't let us go on a wild goose chase to find your sale. Pet peave #2: Don't put "Huge Sale" on your sign & then only have one table and some junk in a box that isn't even marked. I did manage to get a $2 pitcher that is super cute & looks like Pottery Barn. We found a free sale too. Miranda got like 30 beanie babies for her classroom & I got a NIKE bat bag for our nephews for FREE! We felt like we were stealing cause we were just stuffing all those beanie babies in the bat bag before anyone else took them! It was fun. I worked in the yard for several hours today fixing our flower beds. We stopped at TLC after lunch & used the gift card that Steph got us on Faith's due date. She thought we could plant something that would come back each year to remind us of her. We bought a Lamb's Ear plant that is green and the leaves are very, very soft. I put pink & purple flowers around that plant too. We really like it. Thank you so Steph. It was very thoughtful. Well I'm off to shower & then see how much sun I really got today. Gavan keeps saying my back is getting redder by the minute. Hey, how come you really can't see your sunburn until after you get out of the shower? Hmmm.....

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I've asked myself the sunburn question before too! It's so exciting to get out of the shower & see the results!

That is the coolest thing that Steph did! Super thoughtful! Sounds like the plant/flowers you got are perfect!

I need to find a FREE sale!

Becky Clark said...

Hey, I just watched the "Evolution of the Dance". It was really cute and I watched the whole thing. And the answer to your sunburn question is because you are "naked". HAHAHAH> Love, Mother