Thursday, May 24, 2007

Three days til Vegas!

Well, today is your lucky day blog readers. Because today you are reading the first ever guest blogging by..... GByrd. You know, as seen in the title of this blog; gbyrd'shouse. I've been telling the wife for a while that I would post a guest blog for her and she deemed today as the day. The best news is I only have one more day of work before being off for five days!

Being this is our first time to Vegas I am open to any and all suggestions. I've received much advice from coworkers and friends at church on places to eat and locations we must visit. We'll see the pirate show at Treasure Island, the fountains at The Bellagio, high in the sky view from the Stratosphere, the CSI crime lab headed up by Gil Grissom (no wait, that's a tv show, it's fictional), well you get the idea. Lot's to see. I think the best advice I received was from one of my old Hertz buddies who said "Just make sure you win more than Mel spends." Point well taken.

Now, it's the time I try to sound like my wife. Well, today I went to Old Navy after work to pick out a brand new swim suit. As you know I'm packing on a few lb's in the love handle region. Anywho, picked out a stunning red piece and threw in a pair of flip flops to top it off. I can't wait to lay out at the pool!!!!! Fine, I did kind of sound like Mel there but thing is I actually did go to Old Navy. My new red trunks will work out just great I assure you.

That's it from me. I'll try to bring more to the table next time I post. Quick shout out. Doug, keep coachin' 'em up. I want to see Ethan hit a curveball next time you come down. Everyone else, I'll talk to you after the trip. Thanks for keeping up with our little simple life.

G Byrd

2 comments:

Dixie said...

Gavan:

Great guest post. I would like to be a guest some time; perhaps when we come to visit. I am going to Western Union my $2,000 from the buyout of my summer baseball contract for you to put on red at the roulette table. By the way, James C. says hello.

Later,

Doug via Dixie's Google Account because I can't remember my password.

suzspeaks said...

Great post Gavan! I really hope those red trunks work out for you!!! Ok, I will call Mel tomorrow, but....the place you have to eat at is called Isla inside treasure island. They have the BEST NACHOS & GUACAMOLE I'VE EVER HAD. seriously!