Friday, August 24, 2007

Pet Peve #1

Not sure if I spelled "Pet Peve" correctly but, oh well. So my pet peve for the week is when our neighbor's daughter, who doesn't live in our neighbor's house, parks her new black jeep in front of our house. I'm assuming she's parking under the shade of our huge tree but I'm not sure on that. All I know is that lately when I get home from work she's parked right in front of my house when there is nobody parked in front of her mom's house, not to mention their driveway has room in it for her to park. Besides, we have a house guest for the next 3 weeks who needs to park in front of our house. AND, it's not like this girl is young and doesn't realize you should park in front of your own house. She's like 50 years old! Aaaahhh.....I don't know why it bothers me but, seriously, park at your own house, lady!

Yes, above I said we have a house guest for the next 3 weeks. Our friend, Brandon or AKA "Wee" started his new job here in OKC & can't get into his apartment for a month so he's occupying our guestroom. This was his first week with us and it's been great. He bought some groceries, put away the dishes from the dishwasher, and helped G with the yard by weedeating it. Wee is starting to realize what the "real world" is by going to work 8-5 and having deadlines and all kinds of fun stuff. Welcome to the rest of your life, Wee!

I went to a jewelry party last night at G's Aunt Sharbee's house in Yukon. Thanks to Miranda going as my guest, I got home with a free pair of earrings. I told Miranda we could share them if she wanted! The lady selling the jewelry met us at the door and introduced herself & told us to feel free to try on jewelry and get a snack in the kitchen. After she went into the other room, I must of had a bad look on my face cause Miranda was like, "What?". I told her that lady was my night nurse from Lakeside, when I had Faith, & I didn't really like her! For one, she stuck me multiple times trying to get my IV in my arm. After 3 different places & 2 blown IV's, she finally got it. She was just very gruff & sort of insensitive towards us, I thought. Not too mention a few other details while I was in labor, but I'll spare you on that. Nevertheless, as soon as she starting talking to me last night, it took me right back to that hospital bed & I knew exactly who she was. I didn't remind her that she was my nurse either but it was still a little weird for me! She was also the nurse who shaved off one of my friends' moles while she was at Lakeside! What are the odds of her selling the jewelry at the party last night?! Oh well, I'm just going to request not to have her in December, if at all possible!

Well, it's finally Friday & I don't have to work on Monday! I'm so pumped. I hate going to work on Mondays so I will not be sad on Sunday night! I'm going to sleep in, have lunch with G, go find the perfect baby book, & hopefully find some material for my curtains I'm going to make in the kitchen. Just take it easy on my day off. G said that everytime I have some time off, I fill it with hard work and never just relax so I'm having a day of leisure time doing what I want to do! Hope everyone has a great weekend. The weather is supposed to be cooler, which is awesome. Bring on the Fall! Only 29 days until the first day of Fall! I can't wait!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Ya know, I saw one of the nurses that I thought was insensitive from Lakeside and had the same weird feeling. I actually saw her at our church! I'm sure she doesn't remember me, but I remember her.

Emily said...

When I was pregnant with Cason I had to go to the hospital with a stomach virus and this one nurse totally freaked out and gave me a bunch of tests I didn't need. Then when Cason was born, she did his APGAR and totally messed it up. My Dr. and nurse yelled at her. If she comes anywhere near me this time, I'm going to kick her and tell her to get out.

guystover said...

I just read your pregnancy journal. It is cool that your girl moves when you sing. Aspen did that all the time as well, and now when we sing in church she sings too. It doesn't sound like singing..more like moaning, but she stops when the song stops. Anyways, very sweet! I am so excited for you...Did you know Guy's sister is pregnant? SHe is not too far along.

guystover said...

I just read your pregnancy journal. It is cool that your girl moves when you sing. Aspen did that all the time as well, and now when we sing in church she sings too. It doesn't sound like singing..more like moaning, but she stops when the song stops. Anyways, very sweet! I am so excited for you...Did you know Guy's sister is pregnant? SHe is not too far along.