Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love Paisley but....

she won't eat her food! I'm not sure if I'm mentioned this situation in the recent weeks but we're at a loss with her. About 2-3 weeks ago she started acting really different. She was just moping around, not being her normal hyper self, and just all of a sudden stopped eating her food. She hadn't gone to the bathroom lately either, probably cause she didn't eat for like 2-3 days. We took her to the vet and he gave her some meds for some intestinal problems he thought she might be having due to some inflamed glands & that seemed to make her feel a little better. After several days she started to perk back up to normal Paisley but she still wasn't eating very much. She usually eats a cup of food twice a day. Over this whole week she was sick, she ate maybe a 1/2 cup every day and a half and that's cause I stood there and made her eat. Sorry this is getting too long. Anyways. She has stayed her normal personality and attitude over the last week or so but she's still not eating. Like tonight for instance.....she food that was in her bowl was from yesterday morning's breakfast and she still hadn't touched it. I stood out there and kept telling her to eat until she finished that cup of food. Then we brought her in and she acted like she was starving and wanted the food we were eating. Seriously. She's driving me crazy. I even bought her new bowls and different food to see if that helped but it didn't do much. I just don't get it. I guess she'll eat when she gets hungry enough but it just doesn't make sense why all of a sudden she stops eating the food she has been eating for over a year now. Nevertheless, that's my post for this evening. I've got my afternoon of doctor's appointments tomorrow so I'll update after I finish all of them!





This is the very first pic of Paisley, when she was about 8 weeks old. Wasn't she just the cutest little thing? I'm just trying to remember how cute, cuddly & easy she was when we first got her & not thinking of what a pain she's being right now!

Here she is about 2 1/2 years old now.

0 comments: