Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Appointment Update

Just wanted to update on our appointment yesterday. Let me tell you, it felt so good to ride in a car, walk into the hospital, and just be up from the couch! I had a non-stress test that showed the baby was doing great. Her heartbeat was still steady and she is still moving ALL the time. Then I had an ultrasound done which showed that she had gained 10 oz in the last 2 weeks, which puts her up to about 3 lb 10 oz now! We're so proud of her! It also showed that nothing else had changed and everything is staying put for now. Then Dr. Huff came in to see me. She was very happy with the baby's size and how I was doing. She could tell that I hadn't been having too many contractions according to the measurements from the ultrasound. She felt like what I was doing (the bedrest) and the pump was working great for me. She said as long as the baby keeps growing like she is and she's up to a good size she would probably take me off the pump around 35 or 36 weeks and then just let my body do what it wants. So I guess we could possibly have a baby in about a month from now. I just feel like as soon as I get off this pump I'm going to go into labor quickly but we'll see. Overall, it was a great checkup and we are so glad she keeps getting bigger each day. I will go back each week for a check up and non-stress test and then every 2 weeks I'll have another ultrasound. So keep praying for another month for me to keep her in!

7 comments:

Summer said...

You are definitely in our prayers, I am so glad you made it another week!

Emily said...

Great report! I know someone that has had Dr. Huff for years and loves her and raves about her so I know you are in good hands!

Hannah said...

Hi Melody- You don't know me but I am one of Kara's friends and have been following up on your pregnancy. I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and am glad to hear that things are looking good. You will love having a baby girl so much. I have two of them and it is amazing. Keep relaxing--
Hannah

Dara said...

I'm glad everything is working out. It sounds like you have a really great team taking care of you.

Gena said...

You're so close Melody! Everything is going so well - we'll pray she stays in just a few more weeks. :)

Guy and Nancy said...

Hey Mel
Nancy and I are so glad that everything is ok. We were so worried about you guys. We love you and will be praying for you.
Guy

suzspeaks said...

What's going on this week? I got worried when I didn't hear from you yesterday??? Love you!