Monday, November 19, 2007

Well, it could be anytime now......

First off, thank you, thank you, thank you to all the ladies that helped put on my shower as well as everyone that attended. I was wonderfully overwhelmed at the shower and couldn't feel more blessed than I did yesterday. Honestly, I was just so excited to see everyone and the gifts were just a side note! I do wish I couldn't of talked to more people but that's what happens. Again, we're so blessed to have the group of friends that we do.

I just got back from my doctor's appoitment, which went great. I had gained a couple more pounds over the last week and the baby sounded great. I got to take my pump off during the apointment and now I feel like a free woman! It's weird how much of a difference it makes just knowing that I am not wearing it anymore. I don't feel any different but it's a good feeling to know that I don't have to shower with it anymore!

She checked my dilation to see if I had changed from last week and to get a baseline and she laughed as she said I was at a 4 1/2 or 5!!!!!!!!! I've been at a 2 forever but not anymore! She's in town all week so I'm not worried about her missing my delivery. My chart says to call her for the delivery so I'm not worried about someone else having to do it. It's a little weird knowing that I'm dilated to almost a 5 but I'm so excited to have the baby. I had several girls ask me yesterday during the shower if I was nervous about the delivery and I said no because I'm just so ready for it and excited.

Just keep checking the blog for updates! Mom and I are actually off to Target to pick a few last minute things so pray that my water doesn't break while I'm there!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! How exciting! Keep us posted. You are in our thoughts and prayers. This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for my neice and great neice!
Aunt Susie

Kara Scharrer said...

Mel, I have been thinking about you all day! I'm so glad that you posted on the blog. Please keep us all updated! I'm gonna be thinking about you all night... I hope that I can sleep! Aubrey just called me and told me that her brother Matt (and Mandy) had their baby today! So now I'm getting really excited to hear the news from you, whenever that will be!!!!!

Vanessa said...

YEAH she is here! I can't wait to meet her. I am so glad you are both doing well. We will see you soon!

suzspeaks said...

Yea!!!!!! I'm SO happy for you & Gavan! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!!

Guy and Nancy said...

I can't believe you are dialated that far and are not in labor. You are just moving right along! Should be soon now! - Nan