Friday, December 21, 2007

I think Paisley is a bit jealous....

Just a quick post about our jealous Paisley. She's done this several times since Jaylen was born and I think I've decided why. Paisley likes to get diapers out of the trash can and bring them to me. Actually at first she didn't bring them to me cause she thought about eating them. One time I found her getting behind our christmas tree with a diaper in her mouth and another time I found her in the nursery getting behind the glider with one. She hasn't ever gotten to sit and chew on it cause I've caught her but I'm sure she would of. The last couple times she has just gotten one, brought it to where I was and set it right by my feet. I think she's trying to get in trouble so I'll pay more attention to her and not Jaylen cause she knows she's not supposed to be in the nursery or get diapers out of the trash can. Poor thing. Before Jaylen was born she was our little girl and now we're always holding Jaylen and taking her "on the carpet" with us. Paisley isn't allowed in the back part of our house, which is all carpet. She will stop right where the wood floor and carpet meet cause she knows she's not allowed.

Anyway, this is the only thing I can think of as to why she is bringing me Jaylen's dirty diapers! We're really trying to pay attention to her too but obviously the new baby comes first! She'll learn this and accept it I'm sure. She is really doing good around Jaylen and doesn't really bother her much. Well, I'm back to baking and cleaning the house. Doug & Dixie are coming in town tonight and then we're leaving tomorrow so I've got lots to do. Ethan just turned 1 last week (the day before Gavan's) so it'll be interesting how he reacts to Jaylen!

Hope everyone has a wonderful christmas weekend. Drive safe if you are traveling and bundle up cause we're expected to get some snow tomorrow and possibly a white christmas as well!
Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

Emily said...

My parents' dog does the same thing! Our dog just sits and takes what Cason gives her. Paisley will learn!

EandJTrygg said...

Gross!

Merry Christmas from the Tryggestads!

Gena said...

That's funny. What is it with dogs and things that smell disgusting?

That's such a sweet picture of you guys. Hope you had a great Christmas.