Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Thoughts on a jogging stroller?.....

We're going to be getting a jogging stroller and I've been trying to decide which one I want and what features I'd really use on one. We have a nice travel set for shopping and things like that but I want one for mainly walking and some running.

Give me some feedback on what you have found works and things we don't need on the stroller. Swivel front wheel, odometer, music hook-up, extra storage, etc.... I'm thinking of just getting a lower priced one to used cause I'm sure we'll get a double when we get 2 kiddos in the next several years. Just not sure what to do.

We had christmas with Gavan's family this past weekend and we are going to my parent's house this weekend and then my grandma's house the next weekend. Jaylen is finding out early that her parents like to travel a lot, especially around the holidays. She did pretty good out at the Byrd's house but slept better last night here at home, which is understood cause we all sleep better in our own beds. Our holiday season is lasting longer this year but I love the time with family.

5 comments:

suzspeaks said...

http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/

Hey! Here is the link I was talking about!

Merry Christmas!

Stacey Cannon said...

Hey! It was so great to see you on Sunday! How is Jaylen's little nose? I hope she is breathing easier at home! The front swivel wheel is the most important thing...rounding corners with a stroller that won't turn is a nightmare! Other than that, I'd say just go with what you really like! Good luck shopping!!

Claire said...

I agree 100% with the swivel front wheel. Also, for jogging in your neighborhood, I'd go for a lightweight stroller. The other thing I would look for is a stroller that is easy to fold/unfold and fits into your car. I learned all this the hard way. I got a cheap jogging stroller from Target after Grace was born, and didn't use it nearly as much as I thought I would because it was heavy, hard to turn, hard to avoid the curbs & traffic, and it was so hard to fold up and get in and out of my car. I had planned to go jog at Lake Hefner a lot, but that only happened once. By the time I got the stroller folded, into the car and out again, I'd had a huge workout! Post a picture when you get one-I love jogging strollers!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

We have one you can borrow if you would like! It is a single;however, it does not have a swivel front wheel! If you want to save some money let me know!

Myra said...

hey! don't worry its ok with me that I had to wait! I'm not ALL about christmas Presents! haha! I just wanna see all of you! I know i live in the same town and all but i feel like i never see you guys or michael and Katie sometimes! Love you guys! Tell Jaylen I said hi! See you tomorrow....Can't Wait!!!