Monday, January 7, 2008

We're finally back....

Well, after four straight weekends gone for family christmases we're home. I told Jaylen we weren't going anywhere overnight for a while now. I think she was getting tired of a new bed every 4-5 days and so was mom and dad! She sleeps great when we're home, as in we wake her up to eat every 3 or so hours. She is such a good sleeper and we are SO glad! She never slept like this when we were gone so there were some long nights for us. We were with my dad's side of the family this past weekend and boy was Jaylen the center of attention. I don't think she was ever put down except when she went to sleep. Jaylen is my grandma's first great-grandchild so she was super excited to get to finally hold her. She came to see us after Jaylen was born but it happened to be when she went back to the hospital for jaundice so she only saw her under the lights with the goggles on and stuff. Anyways, she couldn't get enough kisses from her!

We had a great holiday season and obviously had so much to be thankful for. She was our best gift and we are absolutely in love with her. She is getting bigger everyday and changes so quickly we can hardly believe it. She goes for her 2 month check up next Friday and gets her first set of shots. They just grow up so fast.

Well, here's some pics from our christmases with our families. Both grandma's had bought a couple of holiday outfits but she grew out of both preemie sleepers in early December and then could only fit into one of the bigger ones. Enjoy!

The Gunselmans stopped in for a quick visit and when they got here we opened our door to find this handsome young man with a bouquet of roses for Jaylen! E-man is already a ladies man! It was so cute!

Me & Dixie with our babies

5 generation picture...Gavan, Jaylen, Deloris (G's g-ma), Bev (G's mom),Lagolia (G's great-gma)

Bev, Dennis and their 6 grandkids

Sweet christmas baby!


Here we are at my parent's house ready for more presents. This is the second time in my life when I've had to call my parents on the way home for christmas and ask for directions! They just moved into this house a couple months ago.

Mom got us all pj's & slippers to wear for christmas. Here are the girls.....


And the boys......lovely.

The siblings........


Grandmother & Grandpa with their first grandbaby. I think they are loving being grandparents. My mom's memory stick is probaly full of Jaylen pictures alone!

My adorable little girl.....love the red shoes mom got her!

I just love my sweet Jay.

For those of you who have been asking about the day Jaylen was born and everything that happened.....I'm going to post about it soon. I just keep forgetting to do it but it'll be coming. Oh yeah, we went for a walk today cause it was so nice. Jaylen definately didn't like the new stroller. She cried the entire time. Not sure why so we'll try again but it'll be a while before we get weather like today again I'm sure.

4 comments:

Myra said...

Mel! She is the most precious girl ever! I love her little red dress! And I had so much fun over Christmas with you! I love you sis!

Sharbee said...

Love her red dress and shoes! Also the Christmas baby pic is cute w/ the striped outfit. She's so sweet. It was great to get to hold her today!

Jody, Michelle & Gadge said...

I can’t believe that Jaylen continues to get cuter each picture I see her in. It was good to see pictures of your mom & dad. Glad they are doing so well. Hope 2008 is a blast. Enjoy that little one and give her a kiss from me.

Dixie said...

Thank you very much for showing that my son does know how to treat a lady. I like the pictures of Jaylen, but Steve stole the show with his PJ pictures.

Doug