Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day 2 of the sale............

Wow, I couldn't of asked for better weather for the sale. A little chilly this morning but turned out great. We had a pretty good day today but weren't as busy as yesterday. I guess Friday is the day. Miranda brought like 6 bags of clothes over so we added more stuff today, which attracted more drive-bys. I guess I'll list some more fun times.

1. A positive thing is that I got to know one of my neighbors better. She brought her daughter over and stayed and just talked to me for like 20 minutes. I couldn't remember her name (I asked another neighbor later so I know now) but I learned a lot about her and her family. Very sweet and now that I've started a relationship maybe I can interest them into coming to church with us. I'm trying to get better at that.

2. I had a lady wearing an oxygen hose drive by in a silver PT cruiser 6 times just looking at our sale. I was like, seriously, just get out and come look through the stuff.

3. Someone's car broke down while they were parked in front of our house. They borrowed 2 phone books and a screwdriver and finally towed it away like 4 hours later. Their 2 little girls were running around our front yard the whole time driving Gavan nuts cause they were running all over the new grass he planted that has started coming up. Oh well, it surely will survive.

4. I had a box full of t-shirts and a sign taped to the front saying "$0.50 per shirt". The box was obviously being used to hold the shirts. A lady dumped out all the shirts and decided to put all the stuff she was getting at the sale in the box. I had empty boxes for that purpose but she didn't care I guess. We're pretty sure she hid some stuff between the shirts..........oh well.

Not too exciting but always a good time. We have about 7 or 8 boxes of stuff we are taking to Goodwill tomorrow and then we can get the garage back to sort of normal. My feet hurt and I'm exhausted from the last 2 days so I'm off to bed now.

1 comments:

DeeDee said...

ok, this is all really funny to me. Chris and I are BIG Garage sale people. We go to them a lot and we have had several too - that is why this all cracks me up. People can be so weird. Tell me you did NOT give that lady change for her $100.