Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cardiologist.....

Just wanted to let you know that the ER doc, my cousin who is 2 years shy of being a heart surgeon, and my OB are recommending that I see a cardiologist after my fainting episode. Since I'm young, healthy & have no history of fainting spells, I need to see the cardiologist just to make sure I don't have anything wrong with my ticker......like a murmur or something like that. Heart conditions can be the reason for fainting so they just want to double check me. Plus I don't have the best family history when it comes to hearts, heart attacks, heart disease, etc. I understand this & it makes sense but it's weird thinking that I'm 28 years old and have an appointment to see a cardiologist! Anyways, my consultation is on Nov. 4th and then we'll see what tests need to be run.

My cheek did not turn nearly as black & blue as I thought it would. It did turn a little yellowish green today, which I think means its healing. Still pretty sore to the touch though....

This is from about 4 hours after I fell.....
Here are a few recent pics of Jaylen......one of her Halloween shirts! Can't believe Halloween is just 2 weeks away.....that means that October is over soon. Time flies.....




5 comments:

Chrissey said...

Hey Melody! Sorry to hear about your fall..that's kinda scary! I hope everything checks out okay for you, we'll be praying for you!

Sharbee said...

What?! A cardiologist -- please keep us informed. We'll be praying for you. Love Jaylen's Halloween attire!

Michelle said...

Hey I fainted one time while working at Abercrombie...at the register, the doc made me wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, but it was ruled as a fluke, sounds like about the same situation as you, but I'll keep you in my prayers!

April said...

We will keep you in our prayers. I am sure everything will turn out good.

sheridan said...

It was so good to see you Sunday. Katie told me about your fall and I'll be praying for you-Did Gavan freck out? Jaylen is so darn cute, even cuter in person. The last picture she really favors Gavan to me.