Tuesday, August 25, 2009

22 weeks & he has a name......

First off, we are naming our little guy, Rosson! His name was my great-grandma's maiden name, in case you were wondering where we got it from. Not quite settled on his middle name quite yet though. It's so cute hearing Jaylen saying his name & talking about Rosson's room! We wanted to tell her his name so we could talk about him coming to maybe soften the shock of when he actually comes......we'll see.

I finished 22 weeks today & had a great doctor's appointment this morning. We got to hear Mr. Rosson's heartbeat on the doppler & he was doing flips in my belly and would hardly stay in one place to hear it! I got my first shot of progesterone today as well. Gavan will give me one shot a week until I hit 35 weeks........we're hoping it will help keep me out of labor! So far everything with this pregnancy is going great. I'm still feeling great & gaining weight as I should. I'll go for appointments every 3 weeks for the next 2 appts & then switch to every 2 weeks for a bit. This pregnancy is just going SO fast.....crazy how time will fly when you have a toddler running around!

Also, Gavan & I are taking a "babymoon" to NYC! We are really excited for our trip & to see NY for our first time. Jaylen will get to spend some time with both sets of grandparents while we are gone & I know she is going to have a great time. But we're going to miss her!!!! We leave in less than 2 weeks so that is coming on fast too! I'm hoping for some cooler weather while we are there........I'm ready for my favorite season to get here!

14 comments:

Mariah said...

Rosson what a cute name!! Glad that everything is going so great!! Have fun in NYC, I have been there and loved it!! Enjoy your babymoon!!!

OK Chick said...

NYC is one of my favorite cities. You'll have a blast. I recommend a food tour in the Chelsea District, it's where the Food Network is filmed. You get to sample LOTS of great food!

Anonymous said...

I love his name. So original!! Have a great time in NYC!

Michael and Katie said...

We are SO excited about Rosson! We're also glad that everything is going so well with your pregnancy. I can't believe you guys leave for NYC soon. That means our Boston trip is coming soon too!

Kayla said...

I love the name!

Kara Scharrer said...

Mel, love LOVE L-O-V-E the name! Super-de-duper cute! Have fun in NYC! I've been there a few times and it's one of my favorite places to vacation. Are you going to go to any Broadway shows? Those are my favorite... along with going to the filmings of the morning shows, climbing the Empire State Building, and going to China Town and the bombing site. Shopping is awesome, too. I found lots of good deals... I'll be thinking of you guys. (Oh, there is a really good restaurant called Cuba De Asia, if you're looking for a nice, unique place to eat, too!)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That is a great name and I love the family connection! Glad things are going well for you - ok, my plug for NYC is to go to Serendipity. It's actual name may be Serendipity 3. Go in the middle of the afternoon for ice cream!

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

I love the name! Are you going to get to see any shows in NYC? We are planning a pre graduation trip for December. Aren't vacations fun?

Stacey Cannon said...

I love the name! Enjoy NYC...we took Jordan up there a couple years ago and had a ball. There is nothing like it!

Lauren said...

I love the name!! Rosson is lucky to have such loving parents a such a precious big sister!! Congrats to you guys!!

Michelle said...

I love NYC....so jealous!

Lauren Snodgrass said...

What a great name! Hope you have fun in NYC!!!

Susan said...

Great name! You could always use Clark for a middle name. That's what we did with Kasey and we've loved it! Love you guys!

Lauren Snodgrass said...

Hey! I forgot that your parent are in Wichita! We've been over to the West side of town a few times, and it seems really nice too! We've enjoyed it here so far. It's a lot more "tame" than Dallas. :)