Friday, December 11, 2009

37 1/2 weeks......

I saw Dr. Huff this morning & I'm still about 50% effaced but have dilated to almost a 3 now. She said I'm progressing as I should & still feels like I'm going to go into labor on my own next week. If I'm still prego next Friday at my appt, we'll talk about inducing. I don't really want to be induced so hopefully Rosson is picking out his birth date for sometime next week! Gavan's birthday is on Tuesday so they might end up sharing it! I'm still having contractions everyday but nothing crazy. I think Rosson is pushing on a nerve cause I've been having pains shooting down my right hip/leg since yesterday......hopefully he'll move soon!


I've officially grown out of my above the belly band maturnity pants.....they went from above the belly to mid-belly & now they are below the belly! They just won't stay up anymore & most of my shirts aren't long enough to cover everything.....it's a bit drafty at times too! He keeps dropping & changing my belly shape but I know that this all will be done soon! I'm so thankful to have these problems & to still be pregnant, even though I have days where I'm so uncomfortable & ready to be un-pregnant! God has answered my prayers of having a "normal, smooth, full-term" pregnancy & we are so blessed because of it. I can't imagine being on 2 months of bed rest with a toddler running around this time! We are SO excited to meet Rosson & bring him into our family......what a Merry Christmas it will be!

We'll keep you posted! Here I am last week at 36 1/2 weeks with my basketball!

6 comments:

Kara Scharrer said...

Hey Mel,
How do you just gain weight in the belly and not every where else?! I'm soooo jealous. You look very cute, but I'm sure that it's getting uncomfortable... it actually DOES look like you have a basketball in your shirt! Ha! Anyway, I was just curious (because I'm ignorant) why your doctor would induce you before 40 weeks? Well, we'll be waiting for the good news!!!

Sharbee said...

Mel,
You look GREAT for almost having a baby. I'm with Kara, how have you only gained in the belly? Glad this pregnancy has gone well. Sorry he's making you uncomfortable, but not much longer. We're ready to meet Rossen!

Kayla said...

You look so stinkin cute!

Erin said...

You look awesome! I'm so glad this pregnancy went so well...even though I know you'll be glad when it's over! :)

Melody said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! Makes me feel better about my ever-growing self!

Kara,
Really the only reason we might talk about inducing is cause I would rather not have him on xmas eve or day.....mainly so he wouldn't have his birthday on those days cause it's going to be close enough to it!

Kara Scharrer said...

Oh, awesome! I never even thought about Christmas! That's great that your doctor will work with you and plan ahead like that. You are lucky! Hopefully you'll go earlier on your own and then you won't have to worry about it. We'll be praying! :)